Friday, January 6

"I'm dreading January because the gym is swamped with weight loss resolution people. There should be a separate gym for them."

Has anyone ever noticed how swamped the gym is between now and like March? I sure have. There's the people like me who are there every day, multiple hours a day. Then there's the resolution people. Who, by March, realize that haven't met their goals and give up. While I know this isn't everyone, but it's still like 99% of the resolution people, this is extremely frustrating.

I had to get to my 6:40 step class last night at 6:10 to even think about getting a spot. By 6:30 the room was packed. There were so many people (regulars in the class) there after that who weren't able to get a spot.

Now, don't get me wrong, I congratulate these people for trying, but why are you going to lose your motivation after 3 months? Weight loss doesn't happen in 3 months. Yeah, you might lose like 5 pounds in that time period. Not 20, 30 or even more. If you're going to be one of those resolution people, just remember to set small goals, like "I'm going to go to the gym 3 times this week". Then you will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment